The 147.81/21 AMRAD repeater is down. The repeater committee is working to resolve the issue.
- Monthly meetings are usually held on the second Thursday of each month, starting at 7:30 PM at the Tysons-Pimmit Regional 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043. (Map and directions) Meetings are open to non-members, consider yourself invited. Monthly meetings are reserved for technical talks
- Saturday luncheons (also known as Tacos) are held every week around Noon at Tippy’s Taco House 8632 Lee Highway (US Rt 29) near Cedar Lane, Merrifield, (Fairfax), VA (Map and directions) Everyone is invited. There is no format: demonstrate your latest project, ask for technical assistance, or simply eat a taco.
- ***note day change>Wednesday, December 9, Tysons Pimmit Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043 – annual meeting/elections
- January – to be announced
- Thursday, November 12 – John Bailey, KC4BCI, talked about computer security. See: freeoffer.MissionUnhackable.com
- Thursday, October 8 – George LeMaster, WB5OYP, discussed LF transmitting antennas using simple formulas
- Thursday, September 10 – Mark Kanawati, N4TPY talked about a potential opportunity for AMRAD to assist in designing and constructing another amateur radio satellite.
- August 13 – George LeMaster, WB5OYP discussed the 2200 and 630 Meter bands section of the FCC Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) of 7/2/2015, along with some background information on how the utilities use PLC. You can read the FCC document at:https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/07/02/2015-15250/wrc-12-radiocommunication-conference-geneva-2012
- George’s PowerPoint: FCC NPRM Reduced File
- July – “Thrifty Amateur Radio” by Ross Young, KM4HIL. Selection and programming a new HT, use of Echolink, simple antennas.
- June 11 – AMRAD 40th Anniversary Dinner – AMRAD friends and members enjoyed a social dinner and celebrated the accomplishments of AMRAD since its founding in 1975. Bill Fenn, N4TS, Mark Kanawati, N4TPY, and Bob Bruninga, WB4APR made presentations.