Please note that our President and LF expert, Frank Gentges, K0BRA just passed away. Here is more information:
Frank Gentges passed away quietly at home this past Thursday. Funeral arrangements have been made. The time and place of the viewing (Monday evening) and funeral service (Tuesday morning) are given in the funeral home’s web site at:
To find the specifics of time and place, you have to click on a button on the left side of the page.
- The April 28th meeting information will have a presentation by Mike Toia on: “How to Draw, Use the Smith Chart, and What It Means and Why”
- Monthly meetings are held at Linaspace, 2701 Prosperity Ave, Suite 215, Fairfax, VA 22031 after a tacos session. (thanks to Mark Kanawati) (close to Tippy’s) Meetings are open to non-members, consider yourself invited. Monthly meetings are reserved for technical talks. Map:
- Saturday luncheons (also known as Tacos) are held every week around Noon at Tippy’s Taco House 8632 Lee Highway (US Rt 29) near Cedar Lane, Merrifield, (Fairfax), VA (Map and directions) Everyone is invited. There is no format: demonstrate your latest project, ask for technical assistance, or simply eat a taco.
- We will be updating more past meetings shortly….
- At the March 2018 AMRAD meeting Tom Wheeler (N0GSG) and Chuck Kraly (K0XM) presented Contact Manager, which is used for creating and modifying DMR radio codeplugs. The Contact Manager website is: http://n0gsg.com/contact-manager.
- The December 2017 meeting had two presentations by Michael Toia, K3MT titled: What is a radio Antenna? and: An Introduction to HF Ionospheric Radio Propagation
- At the Thursday, June 15, 2017 meeting, Cory Sickles (WA3UVV) covered the Yaesu System Fusion. This system provides digital and analog transmissions using C4FM.
- At the Thursday, May 11, 2017 meeting, Pete McNeil discussed a broadband noise generator that he designed and built.
- The April meeting was held on Thursday, April 20. Howard Cunningham, WD5DBC, gave a presentation on the Raspberry Pi running WSJT-X, as described in the April 2017 issue of QST, by Steve Ford.
- The March 2017 meeting was held on March 18 after tacos. A presentation on DMR was given by John Sichert (WA3LAO).
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 7:00pm at Linaspace. Reginald Eisenblatt, gave a presentation on the BooyaSDR – a VERY interesting device. See: http://booyasdr.sourceforge.net/
- Delaware State Convention. Saturday, April 21, 2018 by the Sussex ARA in Georgetown, DE. See: http://www.radioelectronicsexpo.com.
- Greater Hagerstown Hamfest: Saturday, May 5, 2018. For more info, see the flyer at: https://w3cwc.org/hamfest
- BARC Fathers Day Hamfest: Sunday, June 17, 2018 at Upperco MD. Info at: http://www.w3ft.com
- Harrisburg Radio Amateur Club Firecracker Hamfest: Saturday, June 30, 2018. Info at: http://www.w3uu.org